Website GPM, Inc.
The Company –
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978, with over 60 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility, refining and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
Position Description –
The welder/fabricator is a full-time position primarily responsible for the welding assembles, sub-assemblies pertaining to OEM production pumps, and fabrication of other product lines of GPM while ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and safety to all job functions. The Ideal candidate for this position is detail oriented, self-starter with a strong welding/fabricating background.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- 2 -3 years of welding/fabricating
Required Experience and Skills:
- AWS certified preferred
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the properties and characteristics of metals used for welding and forming
- Use of overhead hoist/crane is preferred
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand and work in an area for 8-10 hours as day
- Physical able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Cutting and joining metal parts for fabrication, using MiG, arc, tig welding, plasma cutting, band saws, oxy/acet. Torches
- Fabricate structures per drawing details using engineered drawings and specs
- Design jigs/fixtures to aid in the fabrication of multi part job orders
- Skilled in the proper use of the power hand tools related to fabrication and welding
- Basic knowledge of weld symbols and blueprints reading
- Knowledge of safety procedures related to welding/fabricating and the use of proper PPE is necessary
The Production Planner position reports directly to the Production Planner.
Works in an office, shop, and field environment. Occasional travel for training or work at other GPM facilities. 40-hour work week, varying start time, with occasional work outside office hours. Occasional evening or weekend time may be necessary.
Duluth, MN. Office.
Salary and Benefits –
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org