Website GPM, Inc
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978, with over 60 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility, refining and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s
revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
This is a full-time position that is primarily focused on driving part time (about 25%-50%) but will also be responsible for: receiving, storing, cleaning and distributing materials for GPM. The candidate must have a clean driving record with two years’ experience driving and maintaining small flatbed trucks.
- Drive trucks for pickup and deliveries (Class D license required, 26,000lbs or less GVW)
- Inspect and maintain company vehicles and report shortcomings to supervisor
- Loading and unloading trucks with freight or products
- Repair and maintain pallet levels for shipments
- Clean and sandblast/pressure wash incoming pumps for repair
- Perform facility maintenance as needed. (empty garbage, snow removal, Filter changes, etc.)
- Accurately check in and put away inventory
- Pull and fill sales, production, and service orders
- Packaging shipments for LTL or UPS shipments
- Perform required computer operations associated with pulling of orders
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce waste, cut costs and improve productivity
- Various other duties as they are required in a dynamic business environment
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- Two years’ previous driving experience
- Must be 21+ years and have a valid driver’s license
- Five years of clean driving history
- Have a valid DOT health card, or able to obtain one
- Ability to drive a 10-speed manual transmission or ability to learn within two months
- Ability to lift or move 50lbs frequently
- Ability to operate an overhead hoist or willingness to learn
- Forklift operation experience preferred
- Basic carpentry skills
- Ability to multitask
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and basic computer skills
- Unquestioned moral and ethical behavior
The Warehouse worker reports directly to the Warehouse Manager.
Conditions, Salary and Benefits:
This position is at times physically demanding with periods of continuous heavy lifting possible. It is primarily set in an indoor industrial setting, but there is also outdoor exposure at times. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended evening hours when necessary.
The Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including health insurance, life insurance, dental, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan, paid time off and more.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com