Website GPM Inc.
GPM, Inc. is a manufacturer, distributor and service center for engineered pumps and customized rotating equipment solutions for industries including mining, power generation, oil and gas, steel, pulp and paper, food processing, chemical, and wastewater.
The Service Technician is a full time position primarily responsible for the inspection, cleaning, and repair of large industrial process pumps and machinery while ensuring accuracy, efficiency and safety to all job functions. The ideal candidate for this position is a detail oriented self-starter with a strong mechanical background and problem-solving skills. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to welding, dynamic balancing and working with electrical motor components.
The Service Technician reports directly to the Repair and Fabrication Manager.
Service Center Manager
- Disassemble clean and inspect (DCI) industrial pumps and other rotating equipment
- Accurately record findings of DCI
- Operate various types of machinery including but not limited to welders, cutting torches, hydraulic pullers, grinders, hoists, forklifts etc.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting using multimeters
- Repair or replace worn or defective components on pumps and equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have strong mechanical background or high mechanical aptitude
- Welding experience preferred
- Ability to use and read precision measuring equipment/tools
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand and work in an area for 8-10 hours a day
- Physically able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs
Conditions, Salary and Benefits:
This position is at times physically demanding with periods of continuous heavy lifting possible. It is primarily set in an indoor industrial setting, but there is also outdoor exposure at times. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended hours when necessary. The Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including full health, dental, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com