Website GPM Inc.
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978, with over 60 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility, refining and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s
revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
The Service Technician- Level I is a full-time position primarily responsible for the disassembly, cleaning and inspection of large industrial process pumps and machinery while ensuring accuracy, efficiency and safety to all job functions. The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented self-starter with a strong mechanical background and problem-solving skills. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to welding, dynamic balancing and working with electrical motor components.
The Service Technician-Level 1 position reports directly to the Lead Service Technician
- Adherence of all shop safety procedures
- Disassemble clean and inspect (DCI) industrial pumps and other rotating equipment
- Rigging and overhead hoist operation
- Forklift operation
- Precision measuring with accuracy
- Blast Cabinet operation, maintenance, and safety
- Balancing of rotating equipment
- Accurately record findings of DCI
- Operate various types of equipment including but not limited to welders, cutting torches, hydraulic pullers, grinders, hand tools, air driven tools, etc.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting using multimeters
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Various other duties as they are required in a dynamic business environment
Required Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required and a two-year trade degree or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must have strong mechanical background or high mechanical aptitude
- Welding experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use and read precision measuring equipment/tools
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand and work in an area for 8-10 hours a day
- Physically able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- 2-3 years of experience with industrial equipment preferred, but not required
This full-time position is at times physically demanding with periods of continuous heavy lifting possible. It is primarily set in an indoor industrial setting, but there is also outdoor exposure at times. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended hours when necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, 401K with match, Profit
Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com