Website GPM Inc.
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978 in Duluth, MN with over 70 employees. GPM is a manufacturer of industrial pumps including the world’s toughest and most-reliable submersible slurry and dewatering pump, the GPM-Eliminator, as well as a leading rotating equipment solution provider for numerous industries. Through a combination of direct sales, distributed products and world-class service and repair, GPM focuses on solving problems through creativity, ingenuity and teamwork. At GPM, we work to live and not live to work!
A production planner is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. Duties include a specific focus on the materials and goods required in the production phase, ensuring the working space is properly maintained to have optimal performance. An excellent production planner is well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimize them. They are organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication and computer skills are very useful for the role.
The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a production planner.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Team player
- Strong organizational, leadership, and management skills.
- Unquestioned moral and ethical behavior.
- Evaluating purchase orders and working with agents to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with the material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
- Work closely with the manufacturing managers to make sure productions are on track and/or completed.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to understand timelines, outsourcing, and other areas that will affect Manufacturing.
The Production Planner position reports directly to the COO.
Works in an office, shop, and field environment. Occasional travel for training or work at other GPM facilities. The 40-hour workweek, varying start times, with occasional work outside office hours. Occasional evening or weekend time may be necessary.
Duluth, MN. Office.
Salary and Benefits –
The company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org