Website GPM, Inc.
GPM, Inc. is a manufacturer, distributor and service center for engineered pumps and customized rotating equipment solutions for industries including mining, power generation, oil and gas, steel, pulp and paper, food processing, chemical, and wastewater.
The Service Technician- Level I is a full-time position primarily responsible for the disassembly, cleaning and inspection of industrial blowers, vacuum pumps and machinery while ensuring accuracy, efficiency and safety to all job functions. The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented self-starter with a strong mechanical background and problem-solving skills. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to welding, dynamic balancing and working with electrical motor components.
- Disassemble clean and inspect (DCI) industrial blowers and other rotating equipment
- Rigging and overhead hoist operation
- Adherence of shop safety procedure
- Forklift operation
- Precision measuring with accuracy
- Blast Cabinet operation, maintenance, and safety
- Balancing of rotating equipment
- Accurately record findings of DCI
- Operate various types of equipment including but not limited to welders, cutting torches, hydraulic pullers, grinders, hand tools, air driven tools, etc.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting using multi-meters
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Various other duties as they are required in a dynamic business environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required and a two-year trade degree or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must have strong mechanical background or high mechanical aptitude
- Welding experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use and read precision measuring equipment/tools
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand and work in an area for 8-10 hours a day
- Physically able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- 2-3 years of experience with industrial equipment preferred, but not required
Conditions, Salary and Benefits:
This position is at times physically demanding with periods of continuous heavy lifting possible. It is primarily set in an indoor industrial setting, but there is also outdoor exposure at times. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended hours when necessary. The Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including full health, dental, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org