GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978, with over 60 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility, refining and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
The Service Technician is a full-time position primarily responsible for the inspection, cleaning, and repair of large industrial process pumps and machinery while ensuring accuracy, efficiency and safety to all job functions. The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented self-starter with a strong mechanical background and problem-solving skills. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to welding, dynamic balancing and working with electrical motor components.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have strong mechanical background or high mechanical aptitude
- Welding experience preferred
- Ability to use and read precision measuring equipment/tools
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand and work in an area for 8-10 hours a day
- Physically able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- Unquestioned moral and ethical behavior
- Disassemble clean and inspect (DCI) industrial pumps and other rotating equipment
- Accurately record findings of DCI
- Operate various types of machinery including but not limited to welders, cutting torches, hydraulic pullers, grinders, hoists, forklifts etc.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting using multimeters
- Repair or replace worn or defective components on pumps and equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Various other duties as they are required in a dynamic business environment
The Service Technician position reports directly to the General Manager of Service.
This position is at times physically demanding with periods of continuous heavy lifting possible. It is primarily set in an indoor industrial setting, but there is also outdoor exposure at times. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended hours when necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com