Website GPM, Inc
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a company with annual revenues of $20+ million and over 60 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
The Purchasing Agent position provides support by creating purchase orders and submitting them to the suppliers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform proper analysis to ensure accurate delivery of products and services while maintaining internal controls, operational excellence, and good customer service. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for adherence to customer expectations, managing vendor relationships, recognizing cost savings, using GPM’s resources wisely, adherence to manufacturing schedules and resolving complex problems. The position has contact with customers, vendors and employees. Duties will require a high degree of interpersonal skills, communication, organization and confidentiality.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar relevant field
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years previous Purchasing Agent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Hands on experience with purchasing software
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Committed to engaging and understanding business and department needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary to effectively interact with team members, customers and vendors
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Unquestioned moral and ethical behavior
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic and profitable purchasing programs
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance with terms of contracts
- Analyze and resolve purchasing issues/discrepancies
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records
- Report KPI (Key Performance Indicator) data as requested to assess, analyze and track vendor performance
- Participate in cost reduction activities, observe and report price increases
- Prepare and forward purchase orders to suppliers to ensure proper inventory
- Update professional skill sets through participation in educational opportunities
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods
- Various other duties as they are required in a dynamic business environment
The Purchasing Agent position reports directly to the CFO.
Works in an office environment. Occasional travel for training or work at other GPM facilities. 40-hour work week, varying start time, with occasional work outside office hours. Occasional evening or weekend time may be necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com