Website GPM, Inc
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a company with a corporate office and manufacturing facility located in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with additional remote sales offices throughout the United States. Company revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility and energy industries. Additional revenue come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Revenue generated through repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
The Outside Sales Engineer is responsible for developing customer accounts, generating opportunities, and closing sales. The Outside Sales Engineer will have existing knowledge of rotating equipment in power generation, ethanol, refining and mining. This person will also be responsible for promoting and supporting GPM service capabilities throughout their territory. Duties will require a high degree of originality, initiative, independent action, and assertiveness.
The Outside Salesperson will report directly to the Western Regional Sales Manager based out of Bismarck ND.
This position will work closely with Outside Sales Team, Inside Support Team, Service Team, Marketing, and VP of Agent and Distribution Sales.
- Developing customer relationships in order to drive sales.
- Developing sales leads and closing identified business opportunities.
- Staying current with CRM updates.
- Developing and updating sales outlooks and reports.
- Learning products and sales tools.
The ideal candidate for the position of Outside Salesperson shall have:
- Engineering or associates degree in a technical field.
- Military training in mechanical equipment.
- 4 year B.A. with extensive background in power and/or rotating equipment.
- 5 years rotating equipment experience
- Excellent knowledge of rotating equipment, pumps, motors, mechanical seals, fans, etc.
- Knowledge of power generation, mining, refining, ethanol, and heavy industrial markets.
- Strong communication skills utilizing computer, phone, and in person.
The primary location will be Central North Dakota. Majority of time will be used with direct customer interaction in the field with office support from Bismarck. Limited travel and overnights will be required to cover territory along with some travel demands to accommodate training schedule.
Salary and Benefits
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan. Benefits also include paid vacation, 5 personal days and up to 8 paid holidays per year. This position will include vehicle compensation, paid sales expenses, and offer commission.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org