Website GPM, Inc
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a company with a corporate office and manufacturing facility located in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with additional remote sales offices throughout the United States. Company revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility and energy industries. Additional revenue come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Revenue generated through repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business
This position will be responsible for routine office communications and correspondence. A key component of this job will be processing customer purchase orders and managing the lifecycle of orders through shipment. Additionally, the person will actively participate with team members to achieve company goals.
- Processes customer purchase orders for GPM products
- Orders product from appropriate vendor
- Creates customer sales order
- Acknowledges customers and GPM sales personnel of expected delivery dates
- Manages open orders weekly to ensure delivery dates are met
- Researches and answers post order customer requests i.e. shipping status, receiving & invoicing issues
- Prepares invoices and shipping documents.
- Communicate and work with other GPM team members as required.
- Primary responsibility and focus will be order entry with occasionally being required to backfill in a receptionist role.
- Various other duties as they are required
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Computer Skills: Microsoft office products and other industry specific software
- Awareness of software program relationships and the ability to work quickly between multiple programs
- Time Management: Speed is of the essence. Being able to manage how much time is spent on a project is important
- Detail-oriented with a positive attitude
- Focused and able to deal with stressful situations on a regular basis
- Professional phone etiquette
- Flexibility and the desire to take on additional responsibility
- Order Management Specialist reports to the Inside Support Manager
- This position will work closely with office personnel from other branches, Outside Sales and our Inside Support team. Additionally, this person will work with our Parts and Service personnel.
The ideal candidate for the position of Order Management Specialist shall have:
- High School degree, BA degree with business emphasis preferred.
- 4 years Office Manager/Administrative Assistant or similar
- Exceptional organizational skills required, along with strong verbal and written communications skills
The primary location will be at our Duluth office with occasional travel for training, meetings and customer support. A 40-hour work week is required with rare evening or weekend time commitments.
Salary and Benefits:
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K and Profit Sharing Plan. The salary range for this position will be based on experience. Benefits also include paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to THansen@gpmco.com