Website GPM, Inc.
The Company –
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978, with over 70 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has an office in Apple Valley, MN and has sales offices throughout the United States. GPM is a manufacturer of industrial pumps including the world’s toughest and most-reliable submersible slurry and dewatering pump, the GPM-Eliminator, as well as a leading rotating equipment solution provider. Through a combination of direct sales, distributed products and world-class service and repair, GPM serves customers in numerous industries. At GPM, we work to live and not live to work!
Position Description –
The Order and Administrative Specialist position will be responsible for processing orders as well as assisting with administrative functions. Order processing responsibilities include processing customer purchase orders and managing the lifecycle of orders through shipment, invoicing, and collections. Administrative functions may include accounting, A/R, A/P, payroll, and human resources. The position has contact with customers, vendors, and employees. Additionally, the person will participate as an active member of the Inside Support Team along with assisting other staff members to achieve company goals. Duties will require a high degree of interpersonal skills, communication, and organization.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- High School diploma
- BA degree with business emphasis preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- 4 years Office Manager/Administrative Assistant or similar.
- Exceptional organizational skills required, along with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prior experience with payroll and/or human resources preferred.
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Focused and able to deal with stressful situations on a regular basis.
- Computer skills, including awareness of software program relationships and the ability to work quickly between multiple programs.
- Unquestioned moral and ethical behavior.
- Processes customer purchase orders for GPM
- Orders product from appropriate vendor.
- Creates customer sales order.
- Acknowledges customers and GPM sales personnel of expected delivery dates.
- Manages open orders weekly to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Research and answer post order customer requests i.e. shipping status, receiving & invoicing issues.
- Prepares invoices and shipping documents.
- Follow up on delinquent payments and resubmit billing as needed.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with responsibilities.
- Accounting functions.
- A/R and collections.
- A/P and payments.
- Payroll processing, reporting and tax filing.
- Human resource functions.
- Sales tax and other compliance.
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information.
- Assist in answering incoming phone calls.
- Communicate and work with other GPM team members as required.
- May occasionally be required to backfill in a receptionist role.
- Various other duties as they are required in a dynamic business environment.
The Administrative Specialist position reports directly to the Inside Support Sales Manager.
Coordinates With –
- Chief Financial Officer
- Members of the Sales Team and other GPM staff.
- Various staff from the represented and 3rd party companies.
- Customers including their purchasing and administrative staff.
Works in an office environment. Occasional travel for training or work at other GPM facilities. 40-hour work week, varying start time, with occasional work outside office hours. Occasional evening or weekend time may be necessary.
Duluth, MN. Office.
Salary and Benefits –
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com