GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978, with over 60 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility, refining and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
This is a full-time position is responsible for accurate administration and scheduling of Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM). The position works closely with the Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM)
Production Manager. The position includes management of the Bill of Materials (BOM), purchasing and other responsibilities to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of pumps and parts. The position works very closely with service, engineering, sales, warehouse, machine shop and assembly to support the day to day production operations as needed. This position requires a very detail-oriented person with the ability to learn and execute many different duties with a high degree of accuracy.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- Collegiate level diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in a fast-past office environment.
- Ability to multitask and have strong communication skills.
- Critical Thinker with problem solving skills.
- Have a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong Basic Computer skills.
- A strong understanding of inventory management and processes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and have strong organizational skills.
- Unquestioned moral and ethical behavior.
- Creating and processing production orders.
- Scheduling of production orders throughout facility.
- Creation and maintain accurate items, BOM’s, and routings.
- Work in the SOLIDWORKS Product Data Management (PDM) system to create part numbers, accurate drawing BOM’s, and ensure item cards reflect correctly.
- Creation of purchase orders for OEM inventory using the Material Resource Planning (MRP) tool within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Working with quotes, sales orders, and production orders from creation through shipment to ensure accuracy and on time delivery is met.
- Contact vendors to ensure best lead times and pricing.
- Create and provide accurate pricing quotes on all custom build or OEM requests.
- Ensure processes are followed and help create best practice processes.
- Various other duties as they are required in a dynamic business environment.
The OEM Production Administrator position reports directly to the OEM Production Manager.
Works in an office environment. Occasional travel for training or work at other GPM facilities. 40-hour work week, varying start time, with occasional work outside office hours. Occasional evening or weekend time may be necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org