Website GPM Inc.
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a company with annual revenues of $20+ million and over 60 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for research, design and evaluation of new products and components as defined in the Engineering project charters. The position is also responsible for creating CAD models and drawings for new products as well as revisions to existing products. The position is further responsible for updating designs for product improvements, cost reduction and facilitation of manufacture. The Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for resolving NCR/ECR’s per the governing QA/QC procedures.
The Mechanical Engineer reports directly to the Manager of OEM Engineering
- Manager of OEM Engineering
- Manager of Application Engineering
- Machine Center Manager
- Repair and Fabrication Manager
- OEM Assembly Manager
- Read, interpret and generate technical drawings and reports
- Perform product engineering, design and analysis
- Create bills of materials for the company’s engineered products
- Perform finite element analysis and other stress/strain/displacement calculations to ensure product reliability and safety
- Confer with other engineers and personnel to implement operating procedures, failure diagnostics and to provide technical information
- Coordinate with Application Engineering, the machine center, repair, fabrication and assembly to address product additions and modifications
- Provide specifications and detailed technical drawings for the company’s original equipment and components for manufacture
- Generate and analyze pump curves through performance testing in accordance with Hydraulic Institute Standards
- Ensure accurate project records, drawings and revision history
- Supports Quality Management processes
The ideal candidate for the position of Mechanical Engineer shall have:
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Electrical Engineering emphasis
- Minimum 5 years related experience, mechanical design, centrifugal pumps
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong familiarity with Solid Works, Microsoft Office, FEA, drawings and prints
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes
- Preferred – Professional Engineer
Primarily works in office and shop floor environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended evening hours when necessary. Limited travel required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com