The Company –
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978, with over 70 employees. The corporate office and manufacturing facility is in Duluth, MN. The company also has offices in Apple Valley, MN and Bismarck, ND with sales offices throughout the United States and Canada. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues are the result of manufacturing and marketing its proprietary line of slurry pumps which are primarily sold into the mining, utility, refining and energy industries. Approximately 40% of the company’s revenues come from the sales and distribution of products from leading companies such as Flowserve, Sundyne, Toshiba and Howden. Repair services for all products represented by the company comprise the remainder of the company’s core business.
Position Description –
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for creating procedures, process, tooling, and fixtures for the shop floor and seeking to continually improve the process. The process of continuous improvement requires the Manufacturing Engineer to continually find ways to improve quality and efficiency, both of which lead to a better product and reductions in the cost of producing the product. The Manufacturing Engineer will coordinate with other members of staff to aid in the quality program, particularly nonconforming parts.
The Manufacturing Engineer will also create product update bulletins for informing what and why engineering changes were made and how it may affect previous generation pumps. They will also provide information regarding condition of parts on pumps being serviced.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- A 4-year Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university ideally in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Related Associate Degree combined with technical training certificates and applicable experience will be considered
Required Experience –
- Manufacturing work experience
- Strong understanding of mechanical design of products and shop processes
- Proficiency with computers and programs such as Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Provide engineering support to the production team for achieving business goals.
- Develop corrective actions to solve production issues.
- Initiate continuous process improvements to improve operational effectiveness.
- Support the start-up and integration of new production projects.
- Work with service department to assist with warranty claims, answer technical questions, and perform RCFA’s.
- Lead development for production standards, forms, flow charts and procedures.
- Responsible for engineering technical documents including bulletins, manuals, and procedures.
- Support Business Central Bill of Materials.
- Responsible for Quality Management processes – Review/Update the QA/QC manual annually, including NCR’s, ECO’s, etc.
- Adheres to company procedures of SolidWorks Enterprise Product Data Management (PDM).
- Ensure manufacturing related activities are performed in compliance with company standards and OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ensure monthly OSHA required inspections are completed in the manufacturing areas.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
Primarily works in office and shop environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended evening hours when necessary. Limited travel required.
Duluth, MN. Office
Salary and Benefits –
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com