Website GPM, Inc.
The Company –
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978 in Duluth, MN with over 70 employees. GPM is a manufacturer of industrial pumps including the world’s toughest and most reliable submersible slurry and dewatering pump, the GPM-Eliminator, as well as a leading rotating equipment solution provider for numerous industries. Through a combination of direct sales, distributed products, and world-class service and repair, GPM focuses on solving problems through creativity, ingenuity, and teamwork. At GPM, we work to live and not live to work!
Position Description –
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting quality, OEM production, and service by creating procedures, tooling, and fixtures for the shop floor and seeking to continually improve the production and service process. The process of continuous improvement requires the Manufacturing Engineer to find ways to improve quality and efficiency, both of which lead to a better product and reductions in the cost of producing the product. The Manufacturing Engineer works to ensure that the highest quality standards are implemented and maintained in accordance with company QA processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- A 4-year Engineering bachelor’s degree from an accredited university ideally in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Related associate degree combined with technical training certificates and applicable experience will be considered.
Required Experience –
- Two years of manufacturing work experience.
- Strong understanding of the mechanical design of products and shop
- Proficiency with computers and programs such as Microsoft Office
- Proficient with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Proficient with Business Central.
- Experience working on multiple projects.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Support OEM production with fixture design to improve efficiency and production output.
- Structure OEM pump Bill of Materials (BOMs) to match customer requirements and manufacturing changes.
- Support supply chain procurement by qualifying secondary supplier products through technical analysis and testing to ensure they meet our quality standards.
- Create and execute continuous improvement projects to improve production processes, equipment, and tooling.
- Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements to the process.
- Support production to ensure product quality is maintained throughout the production process.
- Manage the instrumentation and tool calibrations to ensure all are certified by the due date.
- Provide input on quotes for GPM’s service and inside support such as: recommending part changes, part verification, and design improvement.
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) when an OEM pump does not meet the warranty requirement or the expected design duty point.
- Develop and update manufacturing procedures for new and existing equipment and processes.
- Provide daily support to ensure safety and environmental compliance is maintained in the manufacturing process.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Sr Manufacturing Engineer.
Primarily works in office and shop environment. Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended evening hours when necessary. Limited travel required.
Salary and Benefits –
GPM offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, Profit Sharing Plan, paid vacation, and up to 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com