Website GPM, Inc.
GPM, Inc. (GPM) is a closely held corporation, established in 1978 in Duluth, MN with over 70 employees. GPM is a manufacturer of industrial pumps including the world’s toughest and most-reliable submersible slurry and dewatering pump, the GPM-Eliminator, as well as a leading rotating equipment solution provider for numerous industries. Through a combination of direct sales, distributed products and world-class service and repair, GPM focuses on solving problems through creativity, ingenuity and teamwork. At GPM, we work to live and not live to work!
This is a full time position responsible for setup, operation, and preventative maintenance of multiple CNC and manual machining equipment at GPM’s Duluth, MN location while ensuring accuracy and timeliness to all job functions. The ideal candidate for this position should have a minimum of 2 years prior machining experience on manual and CNC machines, and is a detail oriented self-starter that is able to work in an industrial environment with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate for the position shall have:
- Post-secondary schooling in machine tool technology or 2 years machining experience.
- Experience in forklift operation and overhead crane lifting and rigging is preferred.
- Enough knowledge of Fanuc controlled CNC machines to run existing programs and perform slight edits as required.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience in drill sharpening, broaching, and keyway cutting.
- Physically able to adjust, tighten, and secure large materials into machines
- Conscious of safety protocols at all times
- Unquestioned moral and ethical behavior
- Set up and operation of machine shop equipment producing a variety of parts used in the manufacturing of our OEM product line.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance and cleaning of machines used and perform minor maintenance and repairs when needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Ability to multitask with limited supervision in a solo setting as well as being able to work with and communicate well in a group setting.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce waste, cut costs and improve productivity.
- Perform various other non-conventional Machinist duties. Including but not limited to gluing impellers, pouring grommets, and cutting stock.
The Machinist position reports directly to the Machine Center Manager.
This position can at times be physically demanding so any candidates must be able adjust, tighten, and secure large material into machines. It is primarily set in an indoor industrial setting. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended overtime hours when necessary.
Salary and Benefits
GPM, Inc. offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan. Benefits also include paid vacation and up to 8 paid holidays per year. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com