Website GPM, Inc.
GPM-Distribution Inc. is a best-in- class fluid processing equipment distributor focused on service, engineered solutions and aftermarket support. We believe that the foundation of our growth needs to be in our customers, employees and communities. We will achieve this through investments in training, communication, systems and a culture of empowerment.
The Service Coordinator/Technician is responsible for all administrative tasks which support equipment repair jobs. This role will require 80% of your time. The Service Coordinator/Technician will perform basic equipment assessments and other physical tasks in the shop. This role will require 20% of your time. The position will be located at the GPM Apple Valley, MN office.
The Service Coordinator reports directly to the General Manager of Service.
- Daily use of NAV software to generate service orders, issue purchase orders, receive inventory, issue inventory, and other similar administrative tasks
- Collect and organize all hardcopy paperwork related to service jobs and shipments
- Develop accurate required parts lists necessary to complete repairs
- Develop repair quotations, DCI reports, and as-built reports
- Research equipment instruction manuals, bills of material, and sources for parts
- Coordinate and schedule shop activities
- Field customer inquiries including but not limited to: order status, billing, invoicing, and warranty considerations
- Perform shipping and receiving tasks including freight arrangements, fork truck operation, paperwork, boxing, and palletizing
- Disassemble and perform basic customer equipment inspections
- Coordinate with corporate safety officer to perform regular shop equipment inspections and maintenance, waste removal, OSHA training, tool calibrations, and improve the workplace safety environment
- Re-order, stock, and manage inventory
- Embodies GPM-Distribution’s Core Values
- A positive attitude and willingness to interact with customers, vendors and team members
- Ability to safely use basic hand tools
- Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Aptitude for, and hands-on experience with mechanical equipment (engines, automotive, HVAC, rotating equipment, machining, etc.)
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to type up to 40 words per minute
- Self-drive and initiative
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload effectively
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or associates degree, or military training (preferably in a technical field)
- Experience in a leadership position with entrusted responsibilities
- Experience in customer service and scheduling/dispatching
- Computer experience including the use of Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Hands-on experience with industrial equipment, HVAC, machining, welding, HVAC
Primarily works in both office and shop environments. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended evening hours when necessary. Limited travel required.
Salary and Benefits:
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including full medical, dental, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com